Internet Law Treatise:Community Portal
If you are a registered user, thanks! - Together, we can help build the ILT into a better treatise by editing and creating new articles. Currently, ILT user accounts are by invitation only.
Here are some tasks you can do - just click on the categories below to see open tasks.
- Requests: Sony Corp. of America v. Universal City Studios, Inc. -- started, needs expansion.
- Copyedit Please refer to the Style Guide
- Trademark: Expansion and discussion of the cases addressing keywords in advertising regarding "use in commerce." Compare Geico v. Google, 330 F.Supp. 2d 700 (E.D. Va. 2004) and Edina Realty v. MLS Online.com, 2006 WL 737064 (D.Minn., March 20, 2006) with Merck & Co. Inc. v. Mediplan Health Consulting, Inc., 425 F.Supp.2d 402 (S.D.N.Y. 2006) and Rescuecom Corp. v. Google, Inc., Case No. 5:04-CV-1055 (N.D.N.Y., September 28, 2006).
- Copyright: Expand list of anti-circumvention cases, with summary of fact and holdings of all listed cases.
- Copyright: Expand discussion of secondary liability, especially inducement.
- Online Contracts: Two new cases need summary of facts and holding: Ariz. Cartridge Remanufacturers Ass’n v. Lexmark Int’l, Inc., 421 F.3d 981 (9th Cir. 2005) and Davidson & Associates, Inc. v. Internet Gateway, Inc., 334 F. Supp. 2d 1164 (E.D. Mo. 2004).
- Defamation: Many cases listed need parentheticals with short summary of holding.
- Defamation: Expand section covering Anti-SLAPP laws.
- Privacy: Add 'Warshak to REOP section; expand.
- The ILT style guide should be expanded.
- Many of the pages are not yet style edited, and the list of pages needing copyedits should be extended
- The ILT uses subject categories to help with the taxonomy. More categories would be helpful, and of course, a better job placing pages in categories.
- The ILT has two types of external link templates, which allow for easy links to United States Code citations and Supreme Court cases. More templates would be useful, as well as editing existing references to use the template.